AdVenue

June 27, 2012

Gadget ON: Philips Fidelio M1: Hands on Review

I though most of headphones are all the same, since these are small and put directly into the ear and since the speakers are too small they would sound almost all the same. Well when I got my hand on the the new Philips Fidelio M1, I found out that I was wrong.
Philips Fidelio
Philips Fidelio M1 combines the very best is sound and comport for an authentic music experience on the move. Expertly engineered for superb noise isolation in a light yet sturdy design. So Let me me share to you my experience with this great headset from Philips.




IMG_5138 
The Packaging is a bit Big for my Taste, But since this is a Headphone so I guess it’s just the Right Size
Philips Fidelio-Contents n Box
The contents, Well inside the box contains the Philips Fidelio M1 headset, extra cable 1.1m(oxygen free cable) with mic and pickup button (this is good because you can also replace this one if you lose it or just decide to use your own cable), pouch ( serves also as a cleaning cloth) and a manual. The headset is simply looks good and feel good.
Fidelio - Nokia Lumia 710
The headset is compatible with most mobile phones, which includes iPhone, Blackberry, Motorola, NOKIA, Samsung and other phones that have 3.5mm connector. Since I got my NOKIA Lumia 710 on hand I decided to tried in on.
Fidelio-iPod Touch
Since this is a music headphone, I also tried it on my iPod Touch with a lot of music on it, form Jazz, Rock, to Techno loaded on it. I will surely put this headphone to the test..
Philips Fidelio M1: Design
I find the design of Fidelio M1 a bit like old school or retro look, the stylish speaker grill and angular brushed metal details, and it’s all black black leather headband chrome metal braches makes it really look strong. So it feels sturdy enough to handle, the cable is covered with braided fabric. There's a trio of sound ports on each earpiece, which help to mould the sound, but noise isolation ranks among the best on-ear sets.
Philips Fidelio M1: Features
  • 40mm driver
  • Removable cable
  • Closed back
  • Handsfree housing
  • Memory foam faux leather pads
Philips Fidelio M1: Sound Quality
The Fidelio M1 packs a ridged 40mm neodymium drivers offer good audio performance in the smaller earcup. Each speaker driver is utilized high power neodymium magnets to deliver true high definition sound in a wide dynamic range.
So made tested this on my iPod to get this headphone to rock my world, and I was not disappointed I'm impressed with the results on a couple of my favorite tracks that includes a jazz song from John Mayer, a rap song from Francis M, I even got to enjoy some cut from the album of Whitney Houston and a couple of song from the movie Shrek.
Bam on with Philips Fidelio M1
I was really impressed how this Fidelio M1 performed, I enjoyed using this headset, it’s pretty much smooth and natural to wear. The pickup button button can also be use to play the next song on my iPod, pretty cool right!  The clarity of the sound is so natural and the sound detail was precise and dynamic, the bass is is pretty impressive too I was able to enjoy some good rock music without hurting my ears with the bangs and loud bass.
Philips Fidelio M1: Comfort
The fine leather ear pads feature memory foam along with a fabric covering in the centre, this enclosed the ear thus reduce ear surface pressure and heat build-up. The ear pads was very comfortable, maybe because the design are for optimal ergonomic fit.
But after 2 hours of using it, my ears starts to sweat but since I was in an place that does not have aircon.
Philips Fidelio M1: Verdict
The Philips Fidelio M1 with It’s chic design and with a touch of retro, without losing the premium product look this Fidelio M1 is headset is a great choice for music lovers. In my limited time with the headphone, I certainly love not only the look and feel, but audio performance was superb. The advantages is in the ridged 40mm neodymium drivers that distributes the right sound. Even my friend Mac gives a thumbs up for this headset.
Mac-Fidelio M1

Watch out for the availability of Philips Fidelio M1 on your favorite Audio/Music Stores nationwide next month. For more details of the product visit the Philips website.

38 comments:

  1. There is no local pricing available yet, but it's around $299 dollars if you buy online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it!!! I can't really purchase such cool gadget for a cheap price. But very worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't you this one wireless? since its kinda annoying when you have wires around your body especially when your out travelling? but does look good and so sleek with the black design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like this type of headset as it blocks outside noise and has a clearer sound than regular headphones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main difference is the sound is crisper and clearer with this headsets which leads to a better listening experience.

      Delete
  5. Phillips headphone had always been over the top...
    And it's not something that easily copied for class A.
    So for the most part, if you someone wearing one of this brand,
    you should for a fact that its an original thing.
    Like you, I like bringing music wherever I go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting ha. Love it. Will go ahead and give this one a shot since I'm into music myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to have one that's wireless :3
    I use the original earphones for my HTC and I don't like the cables getting tangled up or nasasabit somewhere :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. it will be great in wireless, very nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would also like to get one of those Fidelio M1 . I am more particular with the sound quality but i guess Fidelio M1 is good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not use anything this big for a long time. Its annoying to carry them around too specially for ladies like me with our closet in our bags.. hehe. I still prefer those tiny earphones.. well that's just me..;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually planning to buy new headphones. I should check this out. Just wondering how long it lasts. My usual experience is that after a few months, the cords act up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm actually looking for a new earphone, not headphones because I'm not a fan of it. Do they also sell earphones sir?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks nice. Bulky for carry-ons though. I don't have much in my iTunes anyway...


    Challenges of Losing Weight

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks very nice but $299 is expensive for me. Thanks for sharing your great review btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The design is to classic. i love it. Hindi sya pang araw araw na porma but I will definitely use it sa ibang pormahan. But for me 299 dollars is way too pricey. :)I hope maganda talaga yung sounds nya para sulit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Any idea how much it costs? I wanted to buy that one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the price is around $299, no local pricing yet.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward for its release here.

      Delete
  17. Wow! I cant' afford it. lol! I wish someone would run a giveaway about this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's so cool! My son would love to have that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love philips headphones. i like their sound quality and it reminds me of our beaten up yamaha headphones as well. pero i have a feeling this one costs like an airplane ticket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooooh. how much is it? around 8K? hmmm.. always wanted one of those...

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is what my son needed. He likes to listen to the music on his kindle or on the radio.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You know, I've been wondering how come I've been seeing a lot of runners and bikers lately with headphones instead of earphones.

    I like the retro look, but I am thinking of the practicality of it for how I would like to use it.

    You mentioned sweating after 2 hours. I was planning to try one for running, and if possible a wireless one. I have to check here in the Netherlands (or Google tomorrow) if they have a wireless version.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How is this compared with Beats? Also, how are headphones compared to earphones? Which do you think is better?

    ReplyDelete
  24. looks cool but uhmmm expensive :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've always loved the quality and design that Philips puts into their products, most especially with their earphones and headphones. It has been tried & tested, so I have no doubts that the Philips Fidelio M1 will work wonders as well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such sleek design commands a very high price tag. I expect optimal listening experience from the headphones - with the higher frequency harmonics amplified very well.

    ReplyDelete
  27. 300 dollars.. waaaaa. this is expensive haahaha.. but looks great and its philips.. for sure it has great sound output.. thanks for the review..

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very nice.. and expensive! Hahahaha! hindi naman ako maarte sa headphones, basta maganda tunog okay na. :))

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can relate on this thing and it just seems to be expensive for a stuff like this but it's cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Before that was my impression that all headsets, whatever their sizes do give the same performance. But there was a time that I used one headset, I forgot the brand, it's a mini one. I was surprised that it gave a very good and an impressive sound output. I do all agree with you that this Philips headset do amazing performance too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I prefer smaller and more discreet headsets. :-)

    ReplyDelete

MediaNet