AdVenue

July 13, 2012

Review On: Transcend JetFlash T3S USB Flash Drive

A few days ago I received a  Transcend JetFlash T3S USB Flash Drive with a capacity of 4GB to be reviewed from Banbros Commercial Inc.

USB FLash Drive

With the popularity and drop of prices for this USB Flash Drivers, there are a lot of Flash Drive to choose from. But Transcend has developed its JetFlash T3S USB drive with features like dust, shock and water resistant. Built from special COB (Chip on Board) packaging technology.


Trancend Flash Drive

The Review:
The JetFlash T3S USB Flash Drive have an almost credit card-thin form factor with it’s own carrying case and strap, it’s small form factor that’s almost the size of a 1 Peso coin. you can store this in any location even in your small pockets or wallets, the disadvantage! well it's easy to lose this kinds of small objects.
Since it’s USB powered, you can easy plug and play on any Desktop platforms from Windows or Mac. The maximum read speeds of around 18Mbps and write speeds up to 5Mbps with it’s USB 2.0 interface, the drive comes in 4GB, 8GB and 16GB capacities along with limited lifetime warranty from Transcend.

Technical Specs:
  • STORAGE SPACE: 4GB
  • FORM FACTOR: Standard
  • READ SPEED (MAX): 18MBps 
  • WRITE SPEED (MAX): 5 Mbps
  • USB 2.0
  • DIMENSIONS: 29.35 x 12.3 x 3.05mm
  • WEIGHT: 4g
Since this is a waterproof device, I decided to try it out on a glass of water, and drop it and stir while it’s submerge in water. after that I wiped it dried and test if its still working, as expected it did work well.


Here's The Video of the Transcend USB flash Disk in Water

I tried to compared JetFlash T3S USB Flash Drive with Imation Flash drive to check which have the faster transfer rate, and the JetFlash outrun the Imation by a full minute in transferring a 2.5GB Movie file. Note: I did use a Macbook Pro on this test, and I plug both flash drive almost the same time and the first one that it get detected was the Imation USB.

Trancend vs Imation

Conclusions:
The form factor is a Plus because it’s small and handy, the performance it also better that most of the other flash drive that I compared with it. With It’s waterproof capability it’s a plus for other flash drive out in the market. The Disadvantage! with it’s small size you can easily misplace and lose this, so better make sure you secure this device by using any encryption tool, like Bitlock to Go, to have a peace of mind.

Download the Transcend Elite and RoverFix at Transcend Downloads
You can inquire for this products at Banbros Commercial Inc. located at BB Corporate Center No. 32 Pilar St. cor. Araullo St. Brgy. Addition Hills, San Juan City. Contact them through telephone nos. (0632) 727-3009; 724-9998

34 comments:

  1. This times having a handy USB with you is very important as there are some key files you might need or need to copy. With a USB this small, you can actually include them in your key chains for it to be easily accessible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's very convenient to have this USB drives available whenever you need it. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome. This is good for me as I always bring a USB with me as at times I need to access some files.

      Delete
  2. Funny how we all started with 5.25" floppy disk drivers. Now, we have ultra light and ultra thin flash drives. I can't wait to see what becomes of our storage devices in a year or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that Floppy Disk, after that there was the 3.5, then the USB sticks started to arrive from 8mb and now look at the capacity up to 64GB..

      Delete
  3. wow that is small! I always bring one with me, unfortunately the smaller it is, the bigger the risk to misplace it for me. ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, the small form factor, is its advantage and disadvantage too. Thanks for the comment

      Delete
  4. Wow, haha! May mga waterproof pala talaga. :)

    Ako naman I have a 4gb usb from F21, I doubt it has those features though, lol! :) I usually misplace my usb's pa naman lol.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that it's water proof! I didn't know those USB's could be LOL but then again, I never tried dropping mine in water. :)

    Lisa
    http://www.healthyfrugalliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a really nice flash drive! :) I'd love to get my hands on this as it's a brand I trust, but I think I'll already quite happy with my black 8Gb one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's so small! cute but I easily misplace things so i'd go for a bigger one haha! :)But i love the water resistant feature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is the USB era! Its really handy to have hard drives with you especially if you are always on the go

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always have a flash drive in my pocket every time I go for work and this one seems very promising.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i also have that transcend flash drive, so small and handy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I that kind of transcend flash drive. True its cool and handy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What I like from this flash drive a lot is the water proof thing. It's really useful most especially to people who travel a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha, thats the problem with very small things... it's hard to find when you lost it. but like the being waterproof of it, accidents happens and you don't want your valuable data be lost with it... Yahweh bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool! In today's time, it's always the smaller that is the better! Wonder if this is already available here in our area

    ReplyDelete
  15. What about the price? Is it more expensive than other brands?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really small and handy! I got one and I liked it

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the waterproof feature but I'm still sticking to my good old flash drive. It's cute but then the smaller it gets the higher risk of losing it tsaka meron akong experience na yung ibang flash drives nasisira yung case leaving you with its internal part na lang sa sobrang gamit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. In fairness with it's waterproof factor, I think that's a major selling point. I just hope that it will survive saltwater, too. Got some incident a few years back when my flashdisk dived with me. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  19. At this time and age, everything seems just to go straight to the USB. The more advantageous features, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think it's nice doing a review of some things, eh? Do you get to own the device? Haha

    Hmm. I think that the small size can be solved with a USB drive accessory, and increased care for the drive.

    Aside from the small size, I think that one more problem is it's just 4GB, quite small to some users like me, as I like moving TV series and movies.. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  21. the fact that it can download faster is a plus for me...but it's size is too small, I get absentminded pa naman.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always misplace my flash drive just a week ago I lost one again.. and this being thin. oh no I would lose this again. but this one looks good so I would check this one out. I badly need one right now

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do they have a 16GB version? I might get one soon to replace some of my old USB drives. :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another great USB product from Transcend. I have a Transcend USB though not this size.

    ReplyDelete
  25. so small... although hubby would make this a keychain if he'll get one.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cool! I have had a lot of flash drives and I keep misplacing them. Some gets ruined or corrupted and it's just sad. This transcend flash drive looks like it will last for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. the one you received is so sleek. i prefer really sleek ones. the one i have is that red one. :/

    ReplyDelete

MediaNet