AdVenue

December 23, 2012

Gadget ON: PHILIPS O'Neill “CONSTRUCT” Headphones Review

I Got another great product review, this time it's a headphone from Philips, and from the first look I got on this product I was impressed by it's packaging, and it looks really good. Well it's no other than the Philips “Construct” Headphones - Headset for mobile phone. 


The packaging of Philips Construct is box type with a transparent plastic front cover so you'll see the product, it looks like a heavy-duty looking box and I may say it looks attractive too. The product is Philips O’Neill The Construct SHO7205WT/10, if you want to get the fullname of it. Well enough of that and let's get on with the review!!! 



It's contents are simple which are Cables and the Headphones, the Headphones which really felt good to the hand and comfortable to wear and the build quality looks really solid, the headset have the “TR90 Flexible Headband” I tried to stretch and bend it and it still retain it's original shape, this is really one tough headband, the Metal ring around earphones helps to protect driver. 


With the included cable that is OFC (Oxygen free cable) its tough and tangle-free, the cable have build-in remote / microphone with volume control, we'll because this headphone is really designed for mobile phone / smartphones. I find the volume control very useful, well because you can have your smartphone volume set t on high and do the control of it on this headphones. For the remote, I tested on my iPod Touch and it's function is only Stop / Play, I was hoping to get the Next / Forward function.


Also the short connector that is attached to the headphone is a nice design, why we'll if you want to use your own cable to your mobile device you can do so, and if you visit www.support.philips.com where you can request extra connector for Nokia, Sony Ericsson or older samsung models' for FREE... 


Now for the connector, the color blue head and with it's Gold Tip is a nice combination of colors, the L shape of the connector is a good for most of the smartphones without the protective case. But if you have one on your smartphones, which I believe everyone loved to put on protective case on their phone including me not only for protection but for personal reference too, better test it first if it will.


Now for the sound quality, the Philips Construct delivers a crisp and powerful solid bass, music lovers will love this specially if your into rock n roll type of music. The 40mm drivers true sound experience and you can clearly the music. Not only that the ear cushions are soft and comportable to the wear, this is because it's made of fabric for added comport.


During the test I used different devices like my iPod Touch, iPhone 4 and Nokia Lumia 710, my music was paused indicating I got an incoming call and all I have to do is press the answer button and I was surprised by the clarity of the voice during the duration of my call, after that the music slowly resumes.

Overall, I would say that the Philips Construct is a durable headphones and be use as an outdoor that you can wear and enjoy your music wherever you are, are the fact that you can also use this to answer and make calls is a plus.

For the price of this Headphone I saw it in one of online shop for PHP 7,999.00, but I'm sure you can but one in one of the audio shops in the Metro at a better price.






21 comments:

  1. This like a powerful headset that can provide crisp sound and no static interference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cool gadget! i suppose that really works for me when i am on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so nice but the price is intimidating. For serious audiophiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. Plus factor to consider this headphone is being able to request for an additional connector for other mobile phones at no cost. i wonder why they opted to just skip it, they can already include it in the basic package and they won't have to worry about taking orders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice specs but just like fyhmd said I didn't know headphones can cost that much now. I'm quite surprised. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the headphones are heavy duty. Love the color too... I was waiting for the price, thought its somewhat affordable but Im surprised too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am using earmuffs but am excited to know the price of it. The packaging is cool. I hope this would cost not more 2k.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a nice gadget from PHILIPS. Very cool especially to music and movie lover like my teenage daughter,Mikaela. So happened to love all the gadgets she sees in the market and online shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to have one! I have not really bought any headsets I just got mine free from freebies lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're fortunate to review a cool headphone, like this. =) Philips has been a trusted, no wonder this is an awesome product.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HEADPHONES! WHAT GREAT HEADPHONES! I love it and I want to have these as part of my workplace hehehe. So beautiful XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the way you unpacked those headphones.. Nice review. I like to wear these kind of headphones on a computer, not for walking, it makes me looks like a hipster.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If it sounds crispy then it serves its purpose. If it is comparable to top of the line headphones then it is a still. I will check this out and give you my two cents thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 8,000 Pesos? No, thank you... I'd rather buy a good Power Supply Unit or a new video card for that price...

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is what I need. I always need one ,everytime I want ot listen or watch videos online.Hubby can't stand the noise while he is watching tv. But for the price, mahal naman yata, so hanap na lang ako ng mas mura.


    pwede kaya magrequest na pakitanggal ang captcha?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what an awesome headphones form Philips, great for music lovers! I wish I could have one ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. That's an expensive headphone and you got it for free? Good for you.

    The box/packaging itself is already a winner! I love the flexible headband idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know but i prefer small earphones when listening to music outdoors. though I could say this is a cool product.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks really good! This must be a good set for gaming and movies; I certainly won't be using big full-surround headphones for the daily commute! :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. This can do Next and Previous on iPod. Two consecutive clicks for Next and Three Consecutive clicks for Previous. You should know that since you have Apple gadget.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love this kind of headphones. i recently bought one from ava. http://ava.ph/shops/173-house-of-marley-headphones.html?type=#sthash.K553A0HH.dpbs they are giving away discounts.

    ReplyDelete

MediaNet