AdVenue

January 14, 2013

Gadget ON: Power Me Powa 11000mAh Mobile Power Bank Review

What if I tell you that you can have your iPhone powered for  a week, by just this small compact mobile power bank. Well now you can and you don't have to worry of getting your gadgets low-battery with the Powa - Mobile Power Bank that is designed for iPad, iPhone and other smartphones or any gadgets that you might own. It's the latest product from NOONTECH Philippines.


This mobile power bank is pack with 11000mAh power and package in an elegant design that you will be amazed to ssee and feel that it packs this kind of power. This is only available via  email at noontec.ph@gmail.com or Philippines@noontec.com to get your orders with an SRP of Php 6,000 and Free Nationwide Delivery.

The Unboxing
I was a bit surprised with the simple packaging of Powa when I got it, I was expecting it to be a bigger and heavier.


The package have a see through plastic cover that you can see Powa Mobile Bank, and there is also a sticker in front of the box that this product is awarded with Gold Brand Philippines.   


This accessories is clearly targeted for Apple users, as the label specify that it's made for iOS devices, but that does not mean that you can't use it on any gadgets you have right now.

Specifications:
Battery type: Lithium Polymer battery
Capacity: 11000mAh
Input: DC 5V/2A
Outputs: DC 5V/1A; DC 5V/2.1A


Package includes
1 x 11000mAh Power Bank Charger
1 x USB cable 30pin connector for iOS Devices
1 x USB cable micro USB cable
1 x Manual


The Review Experience
This is not the first time i reviewed a mobile power bank, and this kind of mobile accessories are really one of the must have if you have multiple gadgets. 



I like the design and form factor is really rock solid i mean literary solid and a bit heavy, so just be careful if you drop this on your foot, it will surely make damage.


There are only 3 USB port on this device, for the 5V/1A USB port this is where you can charge almost most of the smartphones from iPhone to any Android devices. The 5V/2.1A USB port is for tablets like iPads, since this require more power to charge.
Now for charging, this device uses the micro USB port and you just need to plug it on your computer USB port or if you have a power brick from iPhone that too will work.


The power switch is located on the side with the blue LED indicator, this light up when you press the power button, and you will also know how much juice it still have based on the light you see.  



With Great Power comes in Small Pack size! this is what I can describe this power bank, it took me more than 5hours to fully charge this power bank. Here's what I notice though, while charging you cannot use the 2 USB port to charge your iPad and smartphone, that would have been a nice feature.



I tested the capability of this power bank by charging both my Nokia Lumia and iPad at the same time with both gadgets low on battery. Note to myself I needed to press the power button to start charging, because i was wondering at first why it was not charging my gadgets, I was in the impression that once you plug your gadgets it will start charging it, but that was not the case here.


Surely enough it was able to fully charge both gadgets, and still have some spare juice to power the next gadget. There was no worry on overcharging my gadgets since Powa is designed with multiple Safety Protection to protect it from over-current, short -circuit,over-voltage,over-charge or over-discharge.


I took the Powa with me during the day, and since I know my Nokia Lumia is power hungry and it usually don't last a day, I was confident that I can count on the Powa to provide me that extra power.


Surely enough, I was able to fully charge again my Nokia Lumia and Samsung Galaxy Phone while on the road with work related trip. 


Conclusions
Overall, I would recommend this accessories if you are a road warrior like me, or if you are always on the go and you have your gadgets are all the time as your main productivity tools. 
The capability to charge 2 gadgets at the same time is a Big Plus, and with it's 11000mAh battery capacity you are sure to have extra power on the go.

You can check NOONTECH Facebook page for updates here: NOONTECH Philippines




32 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting gadget to have. Although, Im not an IPhone or Nokia Lumia user yet but it sounds like it can power only phones. I wonder if this will work also for my Samsung Galaxy Tab. If yes, I think I would like to get one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sure it will power your Galaxy tab, since this Powa mobile bank can charge an iPad.

      Delete
  2. Portable charging gadgets have really been on demand due to inception of smart phones which requires reserve power for maximum utilization.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking for something like this. Thanks for this useful review. And the price does not sound that bad as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there's already a product out in the market, I don't know, it looked like a phone charged into another phone or something to that effect. That invention is more a bad ass than this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet this is good for people who are always on the go. Its very Powerful and portable. This one makes our lives easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooohh i want this for my birthday next month! I am thinking of a solar powered battery charger for IPhone but to consider convenineces in all aspect, this is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. one week? WoW! That sounds really awesome! If it goes by its promise, I guess that can be one tool that you'll always want to have on your side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a must have for on the go gadget-loving people. It's a lightweight and cheaper alternative to the Kickstarter project I featured on my blog, the Phorce smartbag :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the deal breaker would be the capability to charge two devices at the same time as not all mobile chargers offer that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, that's a lot of power... it'll definitely those who are always travelling... but people at home can also benefit from it too..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh.. I didn't even know such a gadget exists! Anyway this looks like a really promising mobile power bank especially for those who own a lot of gadgets :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. great gadget for those who need connected even on the go. good thing i will survive with just a fully-charged mobile phone. hihihi but having one for my ipad will not hurt for emergencies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice gadget! this gadget fit for travelers, portable and powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I already have a back-up battery for my gadgets but if ever I will be needing one count me in to try this product

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely I'll get one of these POWA provided that someone would give me an iPhone 5 as a gift. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cool. I think I need this for my iPad and my iPhone. Damn! I should check BestBuy if they have this kind of gadget. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  17. One gadget na I will definitely ask my son to have.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i really need a mobile power bank to carry along with me. but i really want one that won't be heavy. this one sounds concerning because of the weight that you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Added to my wishlist, to go gadget wherever you are! A must have when you're out of town

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg ! this is amazing! imma need this thing asap! plg aq lowbat ih haist. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. that was totally one of the best gadget for someone who loves to travel anywhere

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a cool gadget to have, especially for people who play games and use many apps on their smart phones.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm thinking of buying it someday, when I finally got an IPhone. :D Pero, siyempre matagal pa iyon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. this would be a great gadget.. if only I have a smartphone.. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I keep reading and don'tr know what you are talking about, until finally I came to the part and photos that this gadget is a charger. This is a good product review for people who are nto so techi like me.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is cool, good for travelling long hours and if there is a brown out.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Will it work on China tablets? This would be great if you would be on long travel!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Interesting! I also got a powerbank but only 5,500mah.. this looks awesome powerful. I only wish it could also charge a laptop! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have one of this at the office and I use this device for travelling. I also recommend this device to my friends. It really lasts for about a week or more an its the most reliable lightweight charger.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I went to look for this in the city during my vacation .. i was amazed that this gadget exist . It is a must to people like me who is always on the road ..

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is one of the gadgets that is a real must-have. I think I need one for my android; It get's drained so fast.

    ReplyDelete

MediaNet