AdVenue

February 24, 2013

Gadget ON: Libratone Live - Wi-Fi Speaker Review

If you love music and love to share it without the hassle of wires, then you will love Libratone Live and it's the perfect Wi-Fi speaker for you. Not only the designed is elegant, the speaker really sound great



Libratone Live is a Wi-Fi Speakers that is designed to work with Apple Air Play,  DLNA - Android and Windows and on their Libratone PlayDirect echnology is wireless sound on-the-go and works in conjunction with both AirPlay and DLNA.

Want to know how.... Read on.


Libratone Live Hardware and Technical Specs.

The Libratone Live is a stylish speaker designed for iPhone and other iOS devices, this speaker have dimensions of 47 x 19.5 x 15cm and 6.5Kg and build with a casing primarily made of wood and covered in some kind of wool. 


Here's a Video of the Unboxing of Libratone Live, and the Full Technical Specs, read more about it here. 

Now really sure if this speaker can be considered as portable as it weight a bit heavy, but hey take a look at that design you can placed this speaker anywhere you liked hence that make this portable, Right?  


The Setup

Setting up the Libratone Live via Airplay easy as connecting to your Wi-Fi. Once you plug it on a power supply it will initiate and broadcast the Wi-Fi signal. Then using your iPad or iPhone, all you need to do is connect to Libratone Wi-Fi, in my case it's named Libratone 0029B0.


The Elegant and simple Design of the speakers, the power plug and the switch is at the bottom part and easy to access.


Once your connected, you need to open mobile Safari and type 192.168.1.1 and you will be prompted to Airplay Setup. The setup is simple to, all you need to do it Named your speaker and choose which Wireless network you want to associate with it. After that all you need to do is click on the Apply Settings.


Once your done with that, wait for the Libratone to reboot and then connect to your Wi-Fi and that's it, you can now start using the speakers on you Airplay. It only took me around 5min. to setup and start using it, that is impressive for my standard.


Sound Experince

On my iPad, I launch the Music app and choose an album and now I can Choose my Libratone Live Grey in the Aiplay to steam my music. Once the music started playing I was really amazed on how it sounded really good.  

The volume control can be managed on the iPad and I did noticed some delayed response when I tried to moved the volume up and down.


Another big advantage of the Libratone Live is the speaker can be moved around without the worries of getting the cables tangled or damaged, so what I did was during the day and weekends I placed the speakers at the Main Living Room, and during the night time I placed it at the room to play some good classical, soothing music and some Audiobooks.


Libratone speakers are based on several patent-pending audio technologies, they call it FullRoom sound. 

Libratone speakers, play like acoustic instruments, dispersing sound waves in multiple directions, reflecting them off the walls. This eliminates the sweet spot and gives you a 360° sound experience. To get a bit more technical, inside the cabinets each driver unit is driven by a dedicated audiophile amplifier and each dedicated to spreading sound in a specific direction. This setup means that the system both spreads the sound and encapsulates you in it.




I did test lot of music variations from Jazz, Rock, Classical and even Audiobooks and and even pump up the volume on this speakers on time and I was not disappointed with the sound quality.    

Since this works on Aiplay, you can also you your Mac or PC iTunes to play your fave music, not only that it also have an iOS app Libratone Sound where you can use is as a remote and take advantage the full features of the speaker.

 
 New features in Live and Lounge firmware: - Support for PlayDirect mode
- New user interface and setup procedure
- Improved bass performance
- DLNA support
- Lock feature for the logo button
- Dimming feature for the logo button

Pros

  • Easy to Follow AirPlay setup
  • Great Sound Quality, audio is Clear and can fill-up a whole room
  • Play Music Wireless
  • Unique Design
  • No need for remote control

Cons

  • Need a Wi-Fi to Use
  • A bit expensive
  • No iPod/iPhone dock or charging

Verdict

This speaker really makes listening experience whole lot better, and without wires, the easy setup and installation was a plus too. But for the price tag of Php 39,000 that is a bit expensive, but for if you are looking for wireless speaker with elegant design and superb sound Libratone Live is for you.

10 comments:

  1. Besides this product, what are those that you can recommend as its competitor with less expensive cost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoah. that is some prize for a gadget. I get its use but why so expensive? So I guess, I have the same question as Rochkirstin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bam, any update on Rochkirstin's question above? Also, do these speakers have warranty? If yes, do they have a support center you can go for help?

      Delete
  3. Cool gadget but your right it is expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The price is high. I rather go with Apple AirPort where I can connect more than just a speaker and can purchase it for only $99.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd like this as I hate dealing with so many wires.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh hell, for that price bro I think I'll stick to ordinary wirefull speakers hehe.. but I must admit that those features are really state-of-the-art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The specs are all too good, but the price? Ugh! it's too expensive, I'll stick with my x-mini :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want this but the price is holding me back! :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many features but so exorbitant! Lucky I don't have an iPhone. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete

MediaNet