AdVenue

February 01, 2013

Gadget ON: Sony CP-ELSR CycleEnergy - USB Portable Power Bank 2000mAh Review

The Sony CP-ELSR CycleEnergy is one of the newest products that Sony Lifestyle released last year, and they send me one for product review.


This Sony CP-ELSR CycleEnergy is a portable power bank for smartphones, it's pack with Li-ion 2,000 mAh, so this mean it can fully charge most smartphones one time (provided that your smartphone battery is less than 2,000mAh). 



This is a very handy accessories for people that are always on the go and make this as an emergency battery pack that you can keep on your bag, so that when needed you have an extra power pack always.

Tech Specs of Sony CP-ELSR CycleEnergy:
  • Dimension (WxHxD mm) 28 x 125 x 26.5
  • Weight 87g
  • No. of USB output ports 1
  • Output Source USB 5V 1.0A
  • Batteries Capacity Li-ion 2,000 mAh
  • Charging Source USB
  • Charging Time Approx. 6 hours
  • Cycle Time 500
  • Output Time 60min.
I got the color red for this review! first I find the design of the Sony CP-ELSR CycleEnergy is somehow look like a candy bar and that is an advantage because this can easily fit any pocket or small bag, the build is solid and a bit light on my hands, but I guess since this is only a 2,000mAh that does not really add weight to the design.


Once the box is opened, the contents is simple just the Sony CP-ELSR CycleEnergy, a short USB cable (use in charging smartphones and charging the CP-ELSR), and a bunch of paper manuals, Sony should included a pamphlet and maybe provided a link where users can access and download the manuals, instead of this bunch of manuals


I find the included USB cable a bit short, but I guess this because how the CP-ELSP is designed and they want it to be as compact as the device, there is no switch only 2 LED light indicator. But once you plug the USB cable LED light indicator lights up so you'll know that it have juice on it.


You'll see the micro USB charging port on the other end of the device, and the other USB port is located on the other end so its easy to recognized where you will use it as a charger and where to plug it when you want to charge it.


It took me more than 5 hours to charge this using the micro USB cable plugged on wall outlet, you'll know when it's charging because there is a green LED-light indicator, and once it is fully charge the LED-light will turn-off.


I tested this device on my Nokia Lumia 710 and iPod Touch for a day, and this device help me survived the day by providing additional juice for my music, podcast, audiobooks, emails, browsing, messaging and calls on my both gadgets.

At home! I tried to plug my phone while charging the Sony CP-ELSR CycleEnergy, and hoping that it will also charge it, but to my disappointment it did not.


Experienced and Say about the Sony CP-ELSR
Personally I liked the design and the solid build, its not your typical battery pack that most of them are designed like squared box, I also liked it mainly because I can easily slip it on my jeans pocket and and don't have to worry about in damaging it. This is a great companion for smartphones, with its 2000mAh battery capacity you're sure to survived the day with your gadgets without looking to an power outlet to charge it.

You can but the Sony CP-ELSR CycleEnergy in all Sony Stores nationwide for Php 1,500 or less, there are other color to choose from Black, White and Red.

30 comments:

  1. That's great for people who can't live without their gadgets. But there may be other better ones like that in the market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right about that, there are now so many choices when it comes to power bank.

      Delete
  2. Cool product. I also got one from Japan with same features. I bring it anywhere I go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally an accessory that can be used as an energy source for smartphones, thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good and is pretty convenient! Great timing as well. I've been traveling more and more and I've realized that a smartphone running a data plan sucks up a LOT of juice while on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. its good to know that pocket devices like this are now out in the market ... it's a good help for people who are always on the go...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also need mobile charges like this as I'm always on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Opps Timing I need this kind of charger. Will check the nearest digi store. Thanks for featuring this

    ReplyDelete
  8. timely gadget as most of the people have smartphones..thanks for updating us with this gadget .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's too big.. I wish they create a smaller version so it wouldn't take too much space..

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is perfect for travelers who are always on the go. I like the red color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this one! I just hope it will last long..

    ReplyDelete
  12. 5 hours to charge? Wow! Super tagal. Hope it last longer after charging.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool gadgert that will come in handy for people on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sure you can relate with me on this since you have an apple gadget. My iPhone gets easily drained, and the day doesn't even end yet. And your post happens to be so timely since I've been looking for an external batt to take with me, especially when I'm traveling. This totally spells out convenience and handiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this can come handy... i'll try to look for it in gadget shops nearby. thanks. Yahweh bless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is looking a lot more handy than the ones I see now in the market.
    Very convenient when you travel a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I do like the form factor too. Thanks for the comment

      Delete
  17. I have to try one of these things. But the cable seems so short! Can this be used for an iPad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed the USB cable is short but you can use the one that came with your phone. This can only charge iPhone not the iPad. Thanks for the comment

      Delete
  18. I guess my husband needs one. He can't live the house without his gadgets. Most of the time he comes home with everything dead.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't have a portable charger for my smartphone. Reading through the comments I think I should research more as it seems there are many options I can choose from. I do like the color of this charger though. It's bright and something I can see right away.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like one great gadget for smartphone owners and lovers. Great review by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i want this because it's small, but because i carry more than one gadget, i realized this is not for me

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! I want to have one. This is the smallest portable power source that I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Indeed it's one of the portable power bank I've seen. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow great gadget! small thing with a great help.. i will buy this.

    ReplyDelete

MediaNet