AdVenue

April 27, 2013

Started Tattooing As A New Hobby

I was feeling listless, in the need of something new, something different.  I was at a loss, so I sort of, on a whim, decided that I needed to become a tattoo artist.


I was feeling listless, in the need of something new, something different.  I was at a loss, so I sort of, on a whim, decided that I needed to become a tattoo artist.  I started by making a terrible rookie tattoo on my person but decided to up the bar and do something I could actually be proud of.  For that, I needed to buy some tattoo supplies.

Since I make hardly any money, just doing some writing gigs here and there, it was important that I find tattoo guns on the cheap, which I did at The LA Shop. Thank goodness for that store.

The tattoo gun kit that I ordered has been awesome.  I got it delivered to my home and I got to working on covering up this terrible tattoo.  As I was thinking about the design, I was getting frustrated, and I had half a mind to just make a big black dot the size of a softball, but then I thought that if I regretted it that would be a real challenge to cover up.

Also filling in that much would probably be needlessly painful.  Then I thought about doing something totally abstract.  It’s not often you see just some doodles and shapes on someone as a tattoo. Then I realized that the reason you don’t see that is because doodling is meant to be done on scrap paper that you throw away, not on your skin, forever and for all time.

So I thought that was a bad idea.  I still haven’t decided what I’m going to do, but in the meantime I’ve been practicing my art so that when I do come up with a cool design, I’ll be prepared to be able to do it easily and well.  That’s all thanks to my professional tattoo kits.  And my mentor who has been instructing me all through the process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MediaNet